MICHELIN X Bamford B347 Pilot Sport
Expected delivery November 2022
The 133-piece limited edition MICHELIN x Bamford B347 Pilot Sport is an exciting blend of the two brand’s visionary spirit and collaborative expertise. This unique watch, limited to 133 pieces to represent each year since Michelin was founded in 1889, perfectly fuses the two brands with the use of new materials and design choices.
From the black and white dial and the chequered tachymeter design, lightweight carbon body to the recycled strap made from MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 test tyres including a real tread pattern, this unique piece is racing-inspired.
Michelin’s signature yellow features on the seconds and sub dial hands and as a unique coloured fleck on the strap.
Adding to the special elements of this timepiece, the caseback and custom box features a heritage ‘race winner’ Bibendum (MICHELIN Man) which is usually reserved for Michelin’s own use.
An automatic monopusher chronograph with a 41.5mm black cutting-edge forged carbon case housing a Sellita SW510 automatic movement. The single push-button located at 2 o’clock provides the start-stop-reset function and the tachymeter is a racing-inspired chequered pattern like the start/finish flag. The black dial features white accents as well as luminous hour and minute hands and the signature Michelin yellow is present on the seconds and sub dial hands. The white subdials are a nod to Michelin’s latest brand campaign showing tyres on real life vehicles as white, cartoon-style circles, because of course, tyres used to be white. The Michelin yellow also features as a unique coloured fleck on the strap which is made using recycled MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 test tyres. The strap features a real tread pattern, taken from the Pilot Sport 5: specifically from a 225/40 ZR18 (92Y) tyre. This size tyre would be used on some special cars like the retro BMW E36 and E46 M3s, British-built Lotus Evora and 3-Eleven Models plus the Morgan Aero 8, and various iterations of the VW Golf GTI hot hatch.
- TYPE: Self-winding – Monopusher Chronograph - Date
- MOVEMENT: Sellita SW510 MPa, 28,800 (4 Hz) per hour, 27 jewels, 62 hour power reserve
- FUNCTION: Cam operated chronograph - single push-button at 2 o'clock, Hours, minutes and small second at 9 o'clock, 60 seconds counter in the center, 30 minutes counter at 3 o'clock, Date with quick setting, Self-winding mechanism with ball bearing, Stop second device
- CASE MATERIAL: Carbon Fibre
- CASE DIAMETER: 41.5mm
- CASE THICKNESS: 14.5mm
- CASE-BACK: Black coated Steel
- WATER-RESISTANCE: 100m / 10 ATM
- LUG WIDTH: 22mm
- STRAP: Recycled MICHELIN Pilot Sport 5 test tyre with rubber lining and square end and black buckle
DispatchExpected delivery for this watch is November 2022. Bamford London ships Worldwide. See below for costs and dispatch times.
- UK – Via Royal Mail business post
- EU – Via Courier
- USA – Via Courier
- Rest of World – via Courier